Gatineau River: Then and Now
Lower Gatineau River from the air in 1926 and 1997
Set 17 - The Orange Hall south of Wakefield (Click on images for additional details)
The Orange Hall, which marks the entrance to Wakefield on the west bank of the river, is visible in both images. In the THEN photo we see a barn where Valley Drive enters the village today.
On the right bank (east) is the current Wakefield Heights. In the THEN view, there is no evidence of houses on the east bank of the river, and some of the land appears to be under cultivation. In the NOW view, a number of homes can be seen along the shoreline.
Then image (click)
Gatineau River south of Wakefield
See also annotated image